Sunday, September 02, 2007

Update on Andy Airedale

Faya asked about Andy - he's staying with Karan and her gang at HILLCREST RESCUE - they're the best - we stayed with Karan and the gang last year when Mom was sick.....
GREAT adventure - HILLCREST has ALL kinds of fuzzies and Karan and her husband Marc are wonderful foster parents........WE LOVE HILLCREST RESCUE!



Puff's Grammie sent us this info to post.....

"Yes, he is now at Karan's. He had a summer shave hairdo and is settling in well. Karan reports that he is beginning to act like an Airedale and is a good, sweet boy that gets along with the other dogs. He still has to have the HW treatment, but still also has some infections to clear up first.
It was funny when Puff's Mom and I took him to Karan's there were some long horn cattle at the fence. Andy was amazed. A black and white female named Oreo stuck her nose through and the brave Andy touched noses with her. THEN ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FENCE were the pigs. Poor Andy was afraid of them, I think one said something nasty to him and he ran back and hid behind Karan."



So seems like Andy Airedale has met the Moo Moo's and doesn't like the Oinks too much....We bet he's having the time of his life thus far ....Just the beginning of his new adventure and life...

NEW NEW NEW NEW
Karan - also sent us an Andy Airedale update
Wanted to let you know that Andy is doing very well J. He has gained weight, needs a few more pounds but finally doesn’t look like he’s been starving. His coat is beginning to get a little shine and his hair is grown in most of his bare spots. The tip of his tail, those 2 moles on his rear and a couple of small spots on his legs are still bare but his back and legs really look good. I did go back to the medicated shampoo Dr. Meier had sent me as it seems to do better w/ his skin and he doesn’t seem to be itching.

His eyes are beginning to clear up but still using his drops or they get gunky again.

He’s doing great w/ his crate training and is OK w/ the house training if I keep an eye on him. Andy plays well w/ everyone but is a little rough – he is good about backing off when someone tells him he’s nipping too hard. Still working on the mouthing and he likes to grab my clothes when he wants attention which might put some people off.

Sweet boy LOVES attention and hugs

Would send pics but my camera is dead, again! Will get some out as soon as I replace the thing…


Thanks to everyone who helped, entered and voted in our Photo Contest......
Special "THANKS to those who donated prizes!"



Congrats to everyone who entered photos -

6 comments:

Asta said...

Lita and Trish
I'm so sowwy I haven't visited fow a while.. I wead your middle name game entwies and loved them. Thank you so much fow the update on Andy..Kawen sounds awfully nice..I'm glad he's in such good hands...I wish we could adopt someone, but Mommi and Daddi say we just can't...Hope you had a gweat holiday weekend
smoochie kisses
Asta

Lorenza said...

Hi, girls
Thanks for letting us know about Andy. I am sure he is in the best hands! I am waiting for the day you tell us he has found his forever home!
Have a good night
Lorenza

Faya said...

Thank you for the news about Andy...
Kisses, Faya

Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Glad to hear Andy is doing OK. Sounds like he has a very lovely foster family, lucky boy.

Katy xxx

Stanley said...

Girls,

Thanks for the update on Andy Boy! He deserves the best and it sounds like he is getting it.

Love you bootiful AireChicas! Please post some photos of you. I love seeing your faces!

Goober love & hugs,
Stanley

Bogart H. Devil said...

Great to hear an update about Andy!!!!

Love,
Bogart

Followers