Thursday, April 17, 2008

Hey Ya'll - Don't We know it - Checkout Max's Website

Bunches of pics Mom had on the camera - not in order - but as you all can see - we somehow got one of those "XPLODING PILLOWS" and boy what a "XPLOSION" in the backyard....Who, WHAT - HUH- No we don't know anything about where this pillow came from. And also some shots of when we received "CHEZ BOGART" in the mail...


Happy Dog?

WHAW- Smells GREAT!





We have no idea what going on here.....looks like snow - Mom was just as surprised as us.....She GRILLED like chicken on Joe Stains & Tanner's Mom blog....without any sauce....

Everyone needs to checkout this book - we got this in an email from one of the Airedale groups...
Stop by and check it out - And if anybody knows a Max tell them the writers are interested in their story.......
XXoooXXXooooXXXX
Permission to forward

I have just read one of the best family books that I have ever seen on owning a dog, the joys, the issues, the responsibilities, the obligations, the emergencies, and the decisions involved. It covers the entire life of Max, an Airedale Terrier who was adopted by Robin and her husband, from the time he was surrendered to a shelter when he was seven months old to the time he was helped to pass at the end of his life. And the story is told in the most down-to-earth, sensitive,loving writing you can imagine. Children and adults will love this storybook. The book is by Robin Reynolds who has had Airedales since she was a child. Robin is a writing professional who does a lot of advertising copywriting (just like I used to do before I retired), and she had help with the book from Terry Rohrs, her graphic design partner, who illustrated the book perfectly. You can see samples of the illustrations at http://www.lifetomax.com/The book is Life to the Max: Maxims for a Great Life by a Dog named Max. It is arranged in 20 two-page spreads with a maxim on the right page and a story on the left page. For example, Maxim #1 is: "When bad things happen, worrying won't change anything. Trust you'll get through it." The story that goes with that maxim is how Max was surrendered to a humane society when he was seven months old, put into the shelter's huge penned area, chosen to be the adoption pet of the week on a TV broadcast, but seen and adopted before he ever got to the show. All 20 of the maxims and stories are as well thought out as the first. Through these maxims, you learn about Max, but more importantly, every reader of every age learns important life lessons in the context of caring for a dog and relating to a dog. I heartily recommend this book to everyone, and especially to families with children and grandchildren. The story is well written and charmingly illustrated. Max comes alive through the words and pictures, and the lessons learned are unforgettable. I will be sending a copy of this book to my grandsons. And not only is the book wonderful, the author is donating 10 percentof the price of the book if purchased through http://www.lifetomax.com/ toAiredale Rescue.

Enjoy.
Joyce
Permission to forward to anyone

19 comments:

Duke said...

Hey Lele and Trish! It's good to see you both!
This book about Max looks like a "must read" to us! We'll have to swipe that plastic card from mom's purse and put our order in! I just thought of something - it can be mom's mother's day giftie!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Faya said...

Woooohoooo Girls ! Nice to see you !!!!! hahahaha the pillow....great job !
Kisses, Faya

Stanley said...

Lele & Tris!!!!!!!

WooHoooHooo!

I love your faces and I've been missing them for a LONG time! Looks to me like someone deposited all that white fluff in your backyard cuz thry know you girls like snow! How sweet.

That book about Max sounds FAB! We're going to check it out. Personally, we here in GooberStan would like to see a book about YOUR lives. Any possibility of that?

Goob love & smooches,
Stanley

Joe Stains said...

Thank dog the pillow did not explode IN the house, somebody could have been injured!! Did you get to taste some of the grilled chicken???

The Thuglets said...

Hey girls..nice to see you back..we have missed you.

Great photos..where did the snow come from? hmmmmm

Think we will try and get the book for our hooman..thanks for the recommendation.

Big Nose Pokes
The Thuglets +2

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey pals, great job on the pillows! Hehehe! Thanks for letting us know about the book, it sounds pawsome. Will go and check it out... J x

Bogart H. Devil said...

Hehehe... nice work on the pillows ladies :)

Love,
Bogart

Noah the Airedale said...

G'day gals,
We're so glad you're back. Awwww what a happy photo, we love smiling dales.
The book about Max sounds awesome. Thanks for telling us about the book.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah Willow Tess & Lucy

Asta said...

Hi Lele and Twish
I miss you and just wanted to stop by and say hi ..it's good to see youw faces!
Happy Spwing to you!
smoochie kisses
Asta

Gaia the Airedale said...

Wow that pillow didnt last long! Good thing it was outside! The snow just left here, I just missed it. Oh well, theres always next year!

-Gaia

Neko said...

The book looks great, we are definitely going to check it out. Love,Neko

Charlie Daniels said...

G'day

Thanks for visiting me. I luv it when I have someone new to play with.

Cheers

Charlie

Lenny said...

That book looks great! We all know terriers have a lot of wisdom to share. I myself am a wise guy, my mom says. Thanks for telling us about it!

Your friend, Lenny

Unknown said...

I like your blog style. I think it's an Airedale owner thing. Life just drifts on in an Airedales head.

Great writing.

Roxy sends her best regards.

Cheers

Steve

www.wuffstuff.com

Wuffstuff said...

Airedales rule - you ask them. Nice to see a thoughtful site with reference to rescue Airedales. Well done you.

Hi from www.wuffstuff.com, the social network for dog owners and dog lovers.



We're looking for members with quality dogs and 'tails' to add stuff to our site.

Hope you have time to have a look at us.


Cheers


Steve

www.wuffstuff.com

Nessa Happens said...

hey chicks, the ice cream recipe can be found here:

http://nanookthenewfy.blogspot.com/2007/05/this-newf-reviews.html

kiss kiss,

Nanook and Pooka

Anonymous said...

Hey chicks,

I'm the author of the Max book and I appreciate the mention about our book and the stories we'd like to receive for the next one. Just love all the pictures here on your site. I know that there have to be more Maxes out there to write about! Keep up with all the news about the book at http://lifetomax.com/blog.

All the best,

Robin (Max's mom)

DogsDeserveFreedom said...

woo hoo exploding pillows!! just found your blog - do you mind if I link mine to yours?

World of Animals, Inc said...

Looks like some great photos your mom had on the camera. That fuzz does look like snow. Just too much fun. Thanks for sharing the fun update. Have a wonderful weekend.
World of Animals

Followers